Research on modeling human tissue (skin) ???

Andreas Spiegl spiegla at
Thu Oct 21 11:38:00 EST 1993

I am a PhD student in Munich, Germany.  I will be doing research on
how to find an adequate model for human tissue/skin.  The purpose
is to simulate the outcome of surgeries, like bone transplants, etc.

Now I am wondering what's the state of the art in this field?

I am interested in *any* information, including references to

Thanks so much,

PS:  If possible reply by email, since this article is crossposted to
     so many different groups. I'll summarize if there is interest.