molscript: secondary structure prediction

Simon Brocklehurst smb18 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 11:36:10 EST 1994

ssha at unixg.ubc.ca (Stan Shaw) writes:

>I've been told of an excellent program that predicts protein secondary
>structure called "Molscript".  Has anyone heard of this?  Any idea how I
>can find/obtain/purchase-?? a copy?  We would appreciate any help on this.

For all those that don't know (and to save Per some grief) -

MOLSCRIPT does not predict protein secondary structure.  It produces
both schematic and detailed drawings of protein structures, but it
needs the 3-D coordinates of the atoms to do this.

Simon M. Brocklehurst
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition
Department of Biochemistry
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
UK