Request for Summary: SNL comp. bio. workshop

Jason Stewart jasons at cs.unm.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:00:24 EST 1994

I thought that it may be useful to provide a summary of the recent
computational biology workshop help in Albuquerque. I can offer my own
viewpoints and opinions, but would request someone from a deeper CS or
mathematical background to provide some contrasting views (as my background
is more from the molecular biology side of the spectrum).

Overall, I felt that the workshop was a well thought out, well organized
little get-together. It had an informal atmosphere which I reall felt helped
the dissemination of info to those who wanted it. The topics coverd were
rather broad in scope (although I don't feel confident in saying that
they were a good representation of what is currently going on in the field -
maybe someone else can comment on this). I would definately like to see this
become an anual event.

more to follow,
Jas.
Jason Stewart			home phone: (505) 255 8271
jasons at cs.unm.edu