Structural complexity of seaweeds

Sergio Rosso serrosso at usp.br
Mon Jul 3 16:28:18 EST 1995

         UNIVERSIDADE DE SAO PAULO - INSTITUTO DE BIOCIENCIAS
                     DEPARTAMENTO DE ECOLOGIA GERAL
                         PROF.DR. SERGIO ROSSO
bitnet SERROSSO at BRUSP.
internet Serrosso at usp.br
This is an ask for advices on methods.

We are needing some help on measuring structural complexity of seaweed
as microhabitat for  phytal invertebrates.
Our attention is now being directed to the fractal dimension of serial
transversal slices, as if we were working with tomographies.
Although it is easy to measure fractal dimension for each slice, we do
not know how to integrate this multiple information.
How could we  build a 3D-object mesh (vectorized object) based on the
pictures of the serial slices?
If someone should like to participate in this study, please contact us.
Thanks for suggestions.

Dr. Sergio Rosso