modelling kinetics of autoproteolysis?

erix schokker erix.schokker at ZUIVEL.LMT.WAU.NL
Thu May 18 00:45:19 EST 1995

Hello

I am doing research on the heat inactivation of proteases.
Around the denaturation temperature autodigestion=autoproteolysis occurs, probably intermolecular.
Now I want to model this inactivation numerically, using the following formulas:

native  <  - >  unfolded

native + unfolded  < -- > native/unfolded complex -- > native + inactivated enzyme

native + substrate (other protein) < -- > native enzyme substrate complex -- >  native enzyme + products
(Michaelis-Menten Enzyme kinetics)

? Does anyone know articles/research on the kinetics of autoproteolysis reactions?
? Does anyone know a program for making these simulations?
? Can I use MM kinetics for the autodigestion reaction?

Thanks,

Erix Schokker
Wageningen Agricultural Universty
The Netherlands