HUM-MOLGEN WWW: First comment and content

Frank S. Zollmann zollmann.1 at osu.edu
Thu May 18 00:45:11 EST 1995

Dear colleagues,

This message contains two submessages:

1) First comment to new HUM-MOLGEN WWW

2) Content of HUM-MOLGEN WWW

Best wishes,

Arthur Bergen           Frank S. Zollmann
(Bergen at amc.uva.nl)     (zollmann.1 at osu.edu)

1) First comment to HUM-MOLGEN. Please see
http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/Letters/

This is a wonderful resource and well done. It is a pleasure to see such
extensive and thoughtful work. We have added your site to our growing list
at ATCG on the Web ...
I look forward to using your site often. With so many sites charging for
services such as yours in an area where free and open communication should
be foremost it is refreshing to see such an elaborate site.

Thank you very much,
Roger Anderson

2) HUM-MOLGEN WWW Contents (http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HUM-MOLGEN/)

 HUM-MOLGEN

      Introduction
      Online Introduction into HUM-MOLGEN WWW

      HUM-MOLGEN News
      New information about our communication list and WWW

      Communication list
      General information, send mails, subscribe (free), set topics

      Letters to the Editor
      We are interested in your feedback. Please send us your critical
      comments, suggestions...

 News

      News in Bioscience and Medicine
      Read and announce interesting developments in your field, new
      Internet resources ...

 Topics

      Biotechnology/Molecular Biology
      Get information about new products, the HUM-MOLGEN Biotechnology
      Topic and Biotechnology Companies Register (by A. Bergen, The
      Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute and M. A. Kennedy,
      Christchurch School of Medicine)

      Computational Genetics
      New Trends in Computational Genetics, f.i. Linkage Analysis (by
      J. Ott, Columbia University and F. S. Zollmann, University of
      Rostock)

      Diagnostics
      New diagnostic methods, Register of Diagnostic Resources (by C.
      Gambacorti, Italy)

      Education
      Internet Courses, Textbooks, Register of Graduate schools,

      Ethical and Social Issues
      Discussion and documents about Ethical and Social Issues of Human
      Genetics (by H. S. Goerl , The Genethics Center)

      Internet Resources
      Compendium of Bioscience Resources, Medical Internet Resources,
      HUM-MOLGEN links (by K. Garlipp and F. S. Zollmann, University of
      Rostock)

      Literature
      In print and online books, Journal Preview (by A. Bergen, The
      Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute)

      Search Resources
      Important research resources, like Bionet, GDB, Medline, OMIM

 Meeting place of Bioscientists and Clinicians

      HUM-MOLGEN is looking for collaboration. Please contact Arthur
      Bergen (bergen at amc.uva.nl) for further information.

      Cancer

      Neurology (in collaboration with John Lester, Massachusetts
      General Hospital )

      Ophthalmogenetics (in collaboration with the Netherlands
      Ophthalmic Research Institute)

 Announcements

      Awards
      Announcements of Awards in Bioscience and Medicine

      Calls for Collaboration
      Call for collaboration and help at HUM-MOLGEN communication list
      (free)

      Meetings
      Meetings, courses and workshops by date, subject and country
      (free announcement)

      Positions
      Positions in Bioscience and Medicine (free posting)

 Miscellaneous

      Labtalk, Offer/Search etc.

      HUM-MOLGEN Index (short)
      Fast overview of our WWW