multiple sequence alignment

Gary Williams gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 01:19:11 EST 1995

In article <47o0m4$st at netnews.upenn.edu>,
Jason Miller <millerj at equity.wharton.upenn.edu> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a survey of algorithms and programs that perform
>multiple sequence alignment? I'm sure it has been done in the
>introduction to someone's PhD thesis. Thanks.
>
>-- Jason Miller, University of Pennsylvania, millerj at wharton.upenn.edu

It depends on how much detail you require.
You could try looking at some of the following:

Discussion Theme: The MSA algorithm
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Lectures/kececioglu.htm

A Gentle Guide to Multiple Alignment, (Georg Fuellen)
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Curric/MulAli/mulali.htm

Multiple Sequence Alignments (Fredj Tekaia)
http://www2.pasteur.fr/~tekaia/MAcours/multalign.html

ClustalW tutorial, (Fredj Tekaia)
http://www2.pasteur.fr/~tekaia/MAcours/clustalw.html

ClustalW tutorial, (Andrew T. Lloyd)
http://biotech.bio.tcd.ie/acerhelp/ClustalW-Acerhelp.RTF.txt.html

--
GARY WILLIAMS,  Internet: G.Williams at HGMP.MRC.AC.UK        Tel: 01223 494522
Computing Services, HGMP Resource Centre,