multiple sequence alignment

Gary Williams gwilliam at
Thu Nov 9 01:19:11 EST 1995

In article <47o0m4$st at>,
Jason Miller <millerj at> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a survey of algorithms and programs that perform
>multiple sequence alignment? I'm sure it has been done in the
>introduction to someone's PhD thesis. Thanks.
>-- Jason Miller, University of Pennsylvania, millerj at

It depends on how much detail you require.
You could try looking at some of the following:

Discussion Theme: The MSA algorithm

A Gentle Guide to Multiple Alignment, (Georg Fuellen)

Multiple Sequence Alignments (Fredj Tekaia)

ClustalW tutorial, (Fredj Tekaia)

ClustalW tutorial, (Andrew T. Lloyd)

GARY WILLIAMS,  Internet: G.Williams at HGMP.MRC.AC.UK        Tel: 01223 494522
Computing Services, HGMP Resource Centre,
Hinxton Hall, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1RQ