Computational Biology Programs

Andrew Fant fant at babs.rice.edu
Mon Oct 16 19:05:54 EST 1995

In article <45k2q4$70b at charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
Douglas F Redd <dredd at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
>A few people have requested a summary of the replies I received, so here it is.
>Again, thanks for all the information:

Sorry to jump into this late, but I have been so far behind that I missed the
original request for information.

The W.M. Keck Foundation also sponsors the Keck Center for Computational
Biology as a inter-institutional program between Rice University, Baylor
College of Medicine, and the University of Houston.  The center benefits
from ties to the Center for Research on Parallel Computing and the Institute
for Biotechnology and Bioengineering at Rice, and the Texas Center for
Advanced Molecular Computation, and the Institute for Molecular Design at UH.
In addition, there are opportunities for interaction with the Houston Area
Molecular Biophysics Program.

There is a web page for those who are interested at http://www-bioc.rice.edu,
or request more information from the executive director, Marc Archambault
(march at bioc.rice.edu).  I'm the sysadmin for the Rice portion of the program,
but if you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try and answer them.

Andy

--
Andrew Fant                  | fant at bioc.rice.edu | "A Libertarian is someone
Departmental Geek            |   (713)527-4774    |  who wants police