Computer simulated evolution?

Karsten Jensen su1kj at but.auc.dk
Fri Mar 29 23:10:09 EST 1996

I have seen and read about various computer programs for simulating
evulution. The latest I saw looked very interesting. The computer
generated a random 'life-form' which consisted of a number of boxes of
different sizes which were connected.
By moving these 'limbs' the forms could then propel themselves
forward. The fittest (those who could move fastest) would then survive
and have children who would inherit some slightly mutated
characteristics (number and size of boxes and movement) of their
parents.
The result, after some generations, would be some more or less
bizarre-looking, moving creatures which could move (or in another
version of the program, swim) about in a way that no engineer would
have thought of.

I'd like to know if anybody knows where to get a copy of this or a
similar program for the PC.

Karsten Jensen
Aalborg University, Denmark

You are welcome to e-mail me (su1kj at but.auc.dk).