Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) version 12.24

Lester Ingber ingber at alumnae.caltech.edu
Tue May 14 00:11:04 EST 1996

		Adaptive Simulated Annealing ASA-12.24

ASA is one of the most powerful optimization algorithms for nonlinear
and stochastic systems.  The latest code can be retrieved using these
instructions.  The asa_new file contains a list of major changes
between announcements to the ASA_list.

			Interactively Via WWW

The ASA archive can be accessed via WWW path
	http://www.ingber.com/

			Interactively Via Anonymous FTP

Code and reprints can be retrieved via anonymous FTP from
ftp.ingber.com.  Interactively [brackets signify machine prompts]:
	[your_machine%] ftp ftp.ingber.com
	[Name (...):] anonymous
	[Password:] your_e-mail_address
	[ftp>] binary
	[ftp>] ls
	[ftp>] get file_of_interest
	[ftp>] quit

The 00index file contains an index of the other files.  Files have the
same WWW and FTP paths under the main / directory; i.e.,
http://www.ingber.com/dir/file and ftp://ftp.ingber.com/dir/file
reference the same file.

			Electronic Mail

If you do not have WWW or FTP access, get information on the FTPmail
service by: mail ftpmail at ftpmail.ramona.vix.com (was
ftpmail at decwrl.dec.com), and send only the word "help" in the body of
the message.

			ASA_list

To get on or off the ASA_list e-mailings, just send an e-mail to
asa-request at ingber.com with your request.  Update notices are
sent to the ASA_list about every month or two, more frequently if
warranted, e.g., in cases of important bug fixes; these notices are the
only e-mail sent to the ASA_list.

			Additional Information

Sorry, I cannot assume the task of mailing out hardcopies of code or
papers.  Limited help assisting people with their queries on my codes
and papers is available only by electronic mail correspondence.

Lester
--
/*             RESEARCH    ingber at alumni.caltech.edu    ingber at ingber.com *
 *       INGBER                                      ftp://ftp.ingber.com *