Question

Denis Thieffry denis at cifn.unam.mx
Sun Apr 6 11:17:51 EST 1997

Dear Colleague,

I am looking for a formula computing the expected frequency of a DNA string
of length n in a sequence of length L, allowing for x mismatches, which can
be substitutions and/or simple deletions/insertions (i.e., each deletion or
insertion = 1 base only). To keep things simple, let's first say that
A,T,G, and C frequencies are equal.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find such a formula?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Denis

Dr Denis THIEFFRY (Ed. CSTB Bulletin)
Laboratorio de Biologia Computacional           Tel: (52-73)13-20-63
CIFN - UNAM                                     Fax: (52-73)17-55-81
A.P. 565-A,  Cuernavaca, Morelos 62100, Mexico