Protein visualization/editing tools

James Foster foster at skink.cs.uidaho.edu
Thu Apr 24 19:19:32 EST 1997

I would like to find software to do two things:
1) given an amino acid sequence for some protein, display the
structure of that protein
2) change an acid in the sequence and display the change in structure
it induces.

I know...so would everyone.

Is there anything approaching this?  Some package which takes a
sequence, predicts a structure, then displays the results would be
very nice.

Forgive my naivete on this.  I would greatly appreciate any help or
pointers.

James A. Foster			email: foster at cs.uidaho.edu
Laboratory for Applied Logic	Dept. of Computer Science
University of Idaho		http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~foster

pgp key available at: ftp://ftp.cs.uidaho.edu/pub/foster/pgp-key.asc