Importance of knowing tertiary structure

Christian Barrett cbarrett at cse.ucsc.edu
Wed Jul 9 12:56:33 EST 1997

With this post I would like to generate a response from the community
about the impact of a successful computational method for determining
protein tertiary structure.  I am interested in the scope of its
application; in how many (and which) different academic/industrial
research areas would it have a profound effect?  And, what would this
effect be?  Put another way, how would the world be changed?

Do you know of any reviews that address this question?

			 	Thanks for your input,
				Christian Barrett