hardy-weinberg equilibrium

M. Michael Barmada barmada at genome1.hgen.pitt.edu
Wed Jun 18 23:22:57 EST 1997

In article <3395F021.7D30 at ukrv.de>, jea at ukrv.de wrote:

> I4m looking for a computerprogram to calculate Hardy-Weinberg
> equlibrium. does anybody know a free program?

A good program exists at the following link:

ftp://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/pub/thompson/HWE_Swguo/

It's Dr. Thompson's group at U. Washington, and the programs are good,
monte-carlo based algorithms.  They are distributed as C source code, and
meant to be run on UNIX systems - the documentation describes the file
formats required.  They are fast!  Hope this helps...

M. Michael Barmada                 (412) 383-7959 (voice)
Department of Human Genetics       (412) 624-3020 (fax)
Graduate School of Public Health   barmada at genome1.hgen.pitt.edu
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15261