Opinions requested - O2 in molecular graphics

Robert Tan tan at neptune.cmc.uab.edu
Wed Jun 25 13:06:53 EST 1997

I would like your opinion on the Silicon Graphics entry level workstation
- O2 R10000SC System. There is no mention of the graphics subsystem, so
where does it stand in relation to SI, SSI and MXI? Does anyone with
practical experience of these system have a feel for the relative speeds
in molecular graphics.

Also I have an Indigo-2/Extreme on which I am running Sybyl and Quanta.
Again does anyone have any practical experience to compare these
applications running on a Indigo-2/Extreme with the O2 R10000SC and with
SI and SSI systems?

Thanks. Email replies will be very much appreciated.

--
Robert K.-Z. Tan -- E-mail: tan at neptune.cmc.uab.edu -- Phone: (205)934-0580