What is a Bioinformatician?

Joseph A White whitejo at pilot.msu.edu
Sun Mar 16 23:22:35 EST 1997

Hello,

William Bains' comments are quite true.  I consider myself the type of
person SmithKline is looking for--i.e. a molecular biologist with extensive
experience as a user of computers for analysis of DNA sequence and other
perposes.  I have applied with SK-B several times, but have failed to get
past their human resources department.  Why? You might ask.  Well, I know
they scan the resumes they receive for keyword matches--an ineffiecient way
to identify someone who doesn't quite fit into one catagory or another.  So, as
Mr. Bains has pointed out, the interdisciplinary people are at a disadvantage
in the market.

Joe White

--
Joseph White