What is a Bioinformatician?

David Jones jones at globin.bio.warwick.ac.uk
Sun Mar 23 19:17:49 EST 1997

Peter Karp (pkarp at ai.sri.com) wrote:

: I find your comments hard to understand given that SmithKline has in
: fact hired a number of very good multidisciplinary bioinformaticians.

I'm sure many of those appointments weren't as a result of an application
sent in through normal channels - or even responses to advertisements.
Many of these appointments will have resulted from "little chats" at
conferences, or "invitations to visit and give a seminar". Headhunting
is becoming quite common in the bioinformatics field.

--
This message was written, produced and executively directed by Dr David Jones
Address: Dept. of Biological       |   Email: jones at globin.bio.warwick.ac.uk
Sciences, University of Warwick,   |     Tel: +44 1203 523729
Coventry CV4 7AL, U.K.             |     Fax: +44 1203 523701
Disclaimer: STANDARD > KEYWORDS : OPINIONS MY OWN NOBODY ELSE'S WHATSOEVER