Data of Proteins

Rob Miller rmiller at house.med.und.ac.za
Wed May 7 11:21:19 EST 1997

ctzhang at tju.edu.cn wrote:

> Dear netters:
>
> I'd like to know a protein database, satisfying the following conditions:
>
>      1)  The pairwise sequence identity less than 30%
>          (i.e., non-homologous proteins);
>      2)  Reflecting the current state of the Brookhaven Protein Data Bank.

For known-structure proteins, the CATH list from
http://www.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/bsm/biocomp/index.html
should suffice.

					rob.

Robert T. Miller, Ph.D.
rmiller at sanbi.ac.za
Manager, Durban Satellite, South African National Bioinformatics
Institute
Department of Molecular Virology,  University of Natal,  Durban, S.
Africa
h: www.sanbi.ac.za   p: +27 (0)31 2604580  f: +27 (0)31 3603744 or
2604441