Looking for Educational Software !

Ethan Benatan ethan+ at pitt.edu
Thu May 29 15:58:06 EST 1997

In article <boullon.25.0008A23D at fcu.um.es>, boullon at fcu.um.es (José
Villalaín) wrote:
>I am trying to obtain a list for different free, share and pay-ware
>software for teaching Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
>Does anybody know any address were to get such a list ?.

A list, no; sorry.  But we recently acquired the BioQuest package and
I am quite impressed with it; I am using it in a class this summer, so
if anyone wants to know how it went I will put together a report and
post it.  They have an extensive web site at
<http://www.beloit.edu/~bquest/> .

The neatest thing is that instead of neatly predigested ideas, the
modules are mostly "virtual labs" where the students must pose
questions and design experiments, carry them out, and interpret the
results; an additional emphasis is placed on conveying this information
to others (a very real part of science, as we all know).

--
Ethan
_____