Request recommendation on sequence alignment program.

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at cairp.org
Fri Nov 14 01:15:13 EST 1997

Hello Comp-bio,

  I want a recommendation for a program to do nucleotide or amino acid
  sequence  alignment.  I  want  this  for taking the output to PHYLIP
  package for making a tree.
  The main characteristics I'd like to see on the program are:

  -for PC (DOS/WIN).
  -Shareware or freeware.
  -complete documentation.

  Here  are  the programs mentioned on PHYLIP documentation for making
  sequence alignment:

  VOSTORG, TreeAlign, ClustalW and MALIGN.

  Witch one do you recommend me?

Best regards,
 Sebastian

No!!, no levantes el telef&.}#_^,!;*....NO CARRIER

* Sebastian Bassi - UIN: 3356556                 Fidonet: 4:900/358.10  *
* Universidad Nacional de Quilmes (UNQ) - Lic. en Biotecnologia -       *
* Autor de: "Manual Internet", Muy Interesante, Marzo 1996, Argentina.  *
* Internet e-mail: sbassi at cairp.org     (alternative: sbassi at iname.com) *
* CAIRP Home Page: http://www.cairp.org          (PGP key upon request) *