Low Protein Variation of Sichuan Snub-nosed Monkey

Haipeng Li ypzhang at ms.kmb.ac.cn
Tue Nov 25 23:45:24 EST 1997

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, a graduate student,detected more than forty genetic loci in
Sichuan snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus roxellana) using protein
eletrophesis. But I failed to find any polymorphic loci. I think there
might be stable seletion on R. roxellana under protein level, besides
bottle-neck effects.

However, I don't know how to draw this conclusion by computer
simulation. Would you like to give me some suggestion?

Haipeng Li

Key Lab of Cellular and Molecular Evolution
Kunming Institute of Zoology
Kunming, 650223
P. R. China

e-mail: ypzhang at ms.kmb.ac.cn