Phylogenetic Trees of Proteins?

Joe Felsenstein joe at
Mon Sep 1 15:03:06 EST 1997

In article <btsmith-2508971738550001 at>,
Bradley T. Smith <btsmith at> wrote:
>I am looking for a program (preferable share- or freeware) that will
>construct phylogenetic trees (rooted and/or unrooted) using a collection
>of protein sequences.

Thanks for the opportunity for a little publicity.  Try looking at the
Phylogeny Programs page on our PHYLIP web site.  It is:

At present it lists over 100 phylogeny programs, many of them free.
You could of course start with the first one listed (which just happens to
be ours ...

Joe Felsenstein         joe at     (IP No.