Phylogenetic Trees of Proteins?

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Mon Sep 1 15:03:06 EST 1997

In article <btsmith-2508971738550001 at rhizobium.mit.edu>,
Bradley T. Smith <btsmith at mit.edu> wrote:

>I am looking for a program (preferable share- or freeware) that will
>construct phylogenetic trees (rooted and/or unrooted) using a collection
>of protein sequences.

Thanks for the opportunity for a little publicity.  Try looking at the
Phylogeny Programs page on our PHYLIP web site.  It is:

http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html

At present it lists over 100 phylogeny programs, many of them free.
You could of course start with the first one listed (which just happens to
be ours ...

----
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.95.12.41)