Software update: Enzyme kinetics and equilibria

Petr Kuzmic pkuzmic at biokin.com
Mon Sep 1 15:02:44 EST 1997

                     PUBLIC DOMAIN PROGRAM DYNAFIT UPDATED

Program DYNAFIT for the analysis and simulation of enzyme
kinetic and receptor binding data was updated to version
2.17.2 (08/29/97).
               NOTATION FOR ANALYSIS OF COMPLEX EQUILIBRIA

The notation for the regression analysis of equilibrium
data was simplified.  We no longer have to specify both
rate constants for a reversible step, A+B <===> AB : k1 k2,
but instead we can use the shorthand notation A + B  <===>
AB : K  equil, where K is an equilibrium constant and
'equil' (or 'equilibrium') is a new keyword.
     ON-LINE TUTORIAL: NONSPECIFIC LIGAND/RECEPTOR BINDING

The new features of DYNAFIT are illustrated on complex
equilibria that include two-site co-operative ligand binding,
accompanied by nonspecific interactions.  The same data
(due to Gary Knott of Civilized Software Inc.) are featured
in the "Software Solution" column of the most recent
"HMS Beagle" newsletter (August 14).

                                                     LINKS

http://www.biokin.com/dynafit/index.shtml ... DYNAFIT home
http://www.biokin.com/dynafit/tutorial/index.shtml