Alignment Tools

Georg Fuellen fuellen at SPAM.STOP.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Dec 4 22:52:59 EST 1998

Dear gert thijs,

you may wish to check
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Curric/MulAli/welcome.html
a resource list which I maintain -re- Multiple Alignment software
((updates, corrections, new entries, etc are appreciated, as always)).

In article <36482710.EF9334B8 at esat.kuleuven.ac.be>, gert thijs <gert.thijs at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:
|> I'm starting a Ph.D. on Bioinformatics and I'm wondering if there is any source
|> code available of a sequence alignment tool (local and global). I would like to
|> integrate the alignment in a search-engine. I know there are a lot of alignment
|> tools available on the internet, but I've to find the right one.
|> I've downloaded BioPerl, which seems very usefull, but it's quite huge and
|> rather difficult to find the right functions to do an alignment of 2 sequences.

If it's only the alignment of 2 sequences, there's Smith-Waterman
in the bioperl distribution -- please ask our mailing list, see
http://bio.perl.org/MailList.html, if you can't find it.

best wishes,
Georg Fuellen,
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~fuellen/