cardiac action potential simulation?

Timm Danker danker at uni-muenster.de
Thu Feb 19 14:01:20 EST 1998

--------------C7545BC9E0D098B4F454D575

We are looking for a interactive teaching Program that is capable of
simulating (rather then only presenting) human cardiac action potential
according to the Hudgkin-Huxley Equations.
Simulation should include that various Ion concentrations ( Ca, Na, K
usw) can be varied in a braod range and Ion channel blockers can be
applied. A good example of what we are looking for is the program "HH"
from Biosoft (www.biosoft.com), which simulates a Squid Axxon potential.

We would recommend any recommendations of existing software with these
features, if Freeware or Payware.
We would also like to get in contact with anybody who has programmed
something like this himself, even if it is only rudimentary, for
exchange of experiences.

--
Timm Danker
Institut f. Vegetative Physiologie

Tel:
+49 251 8355327
Fax:
+49 251 8355331

--------------C7545BC9E0D098B4F454D575

begin:          vcard
fn:             Timm Danker
n:              Danker;Timm
org:            Institut fuer vegetative Physiologie
adr:            Robert-Koch Stra=DFe 27a (Innenhof);;;Muenster;Germany;48=
147;Germany
email;internet: danker at uni-muenster.de
tel;work:       0251 83 55327
tel;fax:        0251 83 55 331