Q: EST Databases other than GDB?

Gregory M. Acland gma2 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 20 22:51:22 EST 1998

and "Dr. Rob Miller" <spam at house.med.und.ac.za> replied

>You can search the Sequence Tag Alignment and Consensus Knowledgebase
>(STACK) at <http://www.sanbi.ac.za> or <http://www.ncgr.org>.  This
>contains GDB and some TIGR sequences, but has the advantage that it
>has been clustered to reduce duplication and noise.

But the STACK consensi do not give you directly the ESTs online -- so are
mostly useless.

A better way to access the equivalent data is thru TIGR's HGI Sequence Search
http://www.tigr.org/tdb/hgi/searching/hgi_seq_search.html

and  The TIGR Human Gene Index (HGI) web page
http://www.tigr.org/tdb/hgi/searching/hgi_reports.html

In my experience, the TIGR THCs are far more useful and informative than
the STACK consensi.

TIGR also has a webpage
http://www.tigr.org/tigr_home/tdb/hummap/hummap.html
but the search engine here is really screwy -- it doesn't return hits that
are clearly in the TIGR database (because you can get them at the other
pages).

GMA

Gregory M. Acland, B.V.Sc.; Dip.ACVO        	 (607) 256-5684 [phone]
Center for Canine Genetics & Reproduction     (607) 256-5689 [fax]
James A. Baker Institute for Animal Health     gma2 at cornell.edu
Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine
Hungerford Hill Rd, Ithaca, New York 14853