Poring of DPMTA to Wintel

William T. Rankin wrankin at ee.duke.edu
Tue Nov 24 14:16:28 EST 1998

In article <732rbl$mhc at net.bio.net>,  <igor_p at my-dejanews.com> wrote:

> We would appreciate any information about attempts of DPMTA porting to
> Windows NT (MS Visual C++ or Cygwin32 gcc).We are planning to use it as
> part of MMTK Python package...

As the primary author of DPMTA, I would also like to be included in any
discussion on this topic.  There is very little Unix-specific code in
DPMTA (outside of the performance timing code, which are #ifdef'd out).
So porting to PVM on Win32 platforms should not be *that* difficult.
(possibly just a recompile, but I somehow doubt it would be *that* easy
;-)

[BTW: DPMTA is a distributed N-body solver using a hybrid
Greengard/Rohklin FMM algorithm.  It is written using PVM as the message
library. For more info see: www.ee.duke.edu/Research/SciComp/Docs/Dpmta ]

-bill rankin
--
bill rankin ...................................... philosopher/coffee-drinker
wrankin at ee.duke.edu ........................................ doctoral wannabe