Computer for sequence analysis

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at
Mon Oct 12 13:40:22 EST 1998

                                  Buenos Aires, 6 October 1998

Hello Comp-bio,

  I'm a biotech student and I'm using a PC now (AMD K6-266).
  I would like your thoughts about witch computer is best for sequence
  Pentium II, K6, Mac, Silicon Graphics, Sun, or what?
  I understand most software is for Unix, isn't it?

Best regards,

... Documentation - The worst part of programming.

o Sebastian Bassi - Lic. en Biotecnologia, Univ. Nac. de Quilmes (UNQ)  o
o Vocal Consejo Administrativo Fundacion CAIRP (   o
o Autor de: "Manual Internet", Muy Interesante, Marzo 1996, Argentina.  o
o Internet e-mail: sbassi at     (alternative: sbassi at o
o UIN (ICQ#):3356556 - Fidonet: 4:900/358.10  - PGP key upon request    o