ANNOUNCE: NAMD 2.0 Release

Jim Mensch jm68 at midway.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 1 16:26:29 EST 1999

[Note from the moderator - this is the last message regarding this
issue that will be passed on as the point is being beaten to death.
It has always been bionet.biology.computational policy to carry
messages about *non-commercial* software of interest to the readers.]

Disagree.  Software is obviously a germane topic.  Doing the science
requires use of adequate and preferably up-to-date tools.  In the
cited announcement it is stated that the software is available free
of charge, which to me makes the announcement even more appropriate.
Sharing of tools and information can only further scientific work.
I feel, therefore, that your critique holds water only in the context of
today's date.
--

Jim Mensch <j-mensch at uchicago.edu>
"His mind is like a steel trap -- full of mice" -- Foghorn Leghorn