New DNA Repository

David Gurwitz gurwitz at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Aug 12 16:27:36 EST 1999

The National Laboratory for the Genetics of Israeli Populations, located
at the Tel-Aviv University Faculty of Medicine, has a unique DNA
collection from unrelated individuals, representing the large ethnic
variation of Israeli populations. We have already establsihed more than
1500 cell lines from HEALTHY UNRELATED INDIVIDUALS and from small
families. The individulas sampled include representatives of European,
Asian, African and Middle-Eastern ethnic background.

All individuals who donated blood samples for the preparation of the
human cell lines and DNA collection have given full consent for the
study of their genome. The coded DNA samples are being kept with strict
confidentiality; only sex and ethnic background are supplied along with
the DNA samples. Fees start at US$10 per 2 ug DNA sample.

For more information kindly visit our web site:
http://www.tau.ac.il/medicine/NLGIP/nlgip.htm