Applications of Computer Algebra: ACA 99 (1st announcement)

Conference on Applied Computer Algebra aca at altona.math.unm.edu
Sat Jan 2 08:34:34 EST 1999

*   1999 IMACS Applications of Computer Algebra Conference (IMACS-ACA'99)    *
*                 Euroforum, El Escorial, Madrid, Spain                      *
*                          24-27 June 1999                                   *
*                  (Scientific Program 25-27 June 1999)                      *

ANNOUNCEMENT #1 (short)

          * * * Sorry for duplicates / Please distribute * * *

Organized by the ``Universidad Complutense de Madrid'', with the collaboration
of the ``Sociedad Matematica Puig Adam'' and ``Addlink Software Cientifico''.

Addresses:
----------

e-mail:     imacs-aca99 at ccedu.ucm.es
web site:   http://math.unm.edu/ACA/1999.html

General Chair:
--------------

Eugenio Roanes-Lozano       Univ. Complutense de Madrid        Spain
                            eroanes at eucmos.sim.ucm.es

Program Chairs:
---------------

Victor Edneral              Moscow State Univ.                 Russia
                            edneral at theory.npi.msu.su

Laureano Gonzalez-Vega      Univ. de Cantabria                 Spain
                            gvega at matesco.unican.es

Jaime Gutierrez             Univ. de Cantabria                 Spain
                            jaime at matesco.unican.es

Organizing Committee:
---------------------

Stanly Steinberg            Univ. New Mexico                   USA
                            stanly at math.unm.edu

Michael Wester              Cotopaxi                           USA
                            wester at math.unm.edu

Eugenio Roanes-Macias       Univ. Complutense de Madrid        Spain
                            roanes at eucmos.sim.ucm.es

Luis Laita                  Univ. Politecnica de Madrid        Spain
                            laita at fi.upm.es

Local Committee:
----------------

Martin Garbayo-Moreno       Univ. Complutense de Madrid        Spain
                            garbayo at eucmos.sim.ucm.es

Mercedes Hidalgo-Herrero    Univ. Complutense de Madrid        Spain
                            mhidalgo at eucmax.sim.ucm.es

Scientific Committee:
---------------------

Bruno Buchberger            RISC-Linz                          Austria
Jacques Calmet              Univ. of Karlsruhe                 Germany
Francisco Castro            Univ. of Seville                   Spain
Arjeh Cohen                 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology      The Netherlands
Rob Corless                 Univ. of Western Ontario           Canada
Sam Dooley                  IBM Yorktown Heights               USA
Vladimir Gerdt              Institute for Nuclear Research     Russia
Richard Jenks               IBM Yorktown Heights               USA
Erich Kaltofen              North Carolina State Univ.         USA
Deepak Kapur                State Univ. New York               USA
Wolfgang Kuechlin           Univ. of Tuebingen                 Germany
Bernhard Kutzler            BK Teachware                       Austria
Luis Laita                  Univ. Politecnica de Madrid        Spain
Richard Liska               Tech. Univ. Prague                 Czech Republic
Juan Llovet                 Univ. de Alcala                    Spain
Ignacio Luengo              Univ. Complutense de Madrid        Spain
Michael Monagan             Simon Fraser Univ.                 Canada
Antonio Montes              Univ. Politecnica de Barcelona     Spain
Matu-Tarow Noda             Ehime Univ.                        Japan
Antonio Quesada             Akron Univ.                        USA
Mohamed O. Rayes            Texas Instruments Dallas           USA
Tomas Recio                 Univ. de Cantabria                 Spain
Tateaki Sasaki              Univ. of Tsukuba                   Japan
Stanly Steinberg            Univ. New Mexico                   USA
David Stoutemeyer           Soft Warehouse                     USA
Jose Luis Vicente-Cordoba   Univ. of Seville                   Spain
Emil Volcheck               National Security Agency           USA
Franz Winkler               J. Kepler Univ. Linz               Austria

Tentative Program:
------------------

|    * June 24th *                                                           |
|Morning to Evening (every 2-3 hours):                                       |
|Bus pickups: Madrid Airport -> Madrid city -> El Escorial  (to confirm)     |
|18:00-19:00 Guided visit (english & spanish speaking groups) to the         |
|            "Monasterio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial" (to confirm)         |
|19:30-20:30 Official Welcome (spanish authorities) and Opening Session.     |
|21:00 Dinner                                                                |
|    * June 25th: *     |    * June 26th: *      |    * June 27th: *         |
|  9:00-11:00 Sessions  |  9:00-11:00 Sessions   |  9:00-11:00 Sessions      |
| 11:00-11:30 Break     | 11:00-11:30 Break      | 11:00-11:30 Break         |
| 11:30-13:30 Sessions  | 11:30-13:30 Sessions   | 11:30-13:30 Sessions      |
| 13:30-15:30 Lunch     | 13:30-15:30 Lunch      | 13:30-15:30 Lunch         |
| 15:30-17:00 Sessions  | 15:30-17:00 Sessions   | 15:30-17:00 Sessions      |
| 17:00-17:30 Break     | 17:00-17:30 Break      | 17:00-17:30 Farewell      |
| 17:30-19:00 Sessions  | 17:30-19:00 Business   |                           |
|                       |                        | Evening: Bus transporta-  |
| 21:00 Dinner and      | 21:00 Gala dinner with | tion to Madrid city and   |
| live spanish music    | "Tuna" performance (*) | airport (to confirm)      |
| (the later to confirm)| (the later to confirm) |                           |
|                       |                        | 21:00 Dinner (for those   |
|                       | (*) In spanish that's  | staying overnight)        |
|                       | not a fish: it is a    |                           |
|                       | medieval-style student |                           |
|                       | music group.           |                           |
|                       |                        |                           |
|    * June 28th *                                                           |
| Morning: Bus transportation: to Madrid city and airport (to confirm)       |

Keynote Lectures (1 hour)(preliminary titles):

The following invited speakers have confirmed their willingness to give a
1 hour talk at the conference (as in previous IMACS-ACA, there will be no
plenary lectures, and these talks will take place within normal sessions).

Victor Edneral (Moscow State Univ., Russia )
   Title: Computer Algebraic Approximations - Creation of Approximated
          Solutions of Scientific and Engineering Problems in Symbolic Form

Richard Liska (Tech. Univ. Prague, Czech Republic )
   Title: Applications of Quantifier Elimination

Tomas Recio (Univ. de Cantabria, Spain )
   Title: Missing points and branches of real parametric curves

Stanly Steinberg (Univ. New Mexico, USA)
   Title: The Study of Stability using Computer Algebra

Methods for admitting talks:
----------------------------

a) This conference is organized in "sessions". A proposal for organizing
a session must be submitted to the program chairs who decide upon its
acceptance.

b) A proposal for a talk is sent directly to the corresponding "session
organizer", who acts as referee of the paper or extended abstract (possibly
together with members of the scientific committee and/or experts in the
subfield), and decides upon the acceptance of the proposal.

Call for invited sessions:
--------------------------

The Program Committee is soliciting proposals for invited sessions.
Proposals should be sent to the program chairs.
Information about current sessions can be found in our web site.

Call for papers:
----------------

Full papers or extended abstracts should be directly sent to the corresponding
session organizer.

Sponsors/collaborators:

Addlink Software Cientifico
Cotopaxi
IMACS
Sociedad Matematica Puig Adam
Texas Instruments
Universidad Complutense de Madrid - Servicios Informaticos