Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop Series

francis at francis at
Wed Mar 10 01:57:08 EST 1999

The Canadian Genetic Diseases Network and the Biotechnology Human
Resources Council of Canada present a pilot series of practical
computer-based workshops on "Bioinformatics" at the University of
Calgary  on August 2 - 14, 1999.

With instructors:

. Christopher Hogue, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Toronto
. Francois Major, UniversitÇ de MontrÇal
. Francis Ouellette, Centre for Mol. Medicine & Therapeutics, UBC
. Christoph Sensen, Inst. for Marine Biosciences, NRC
. David Wishart, University of Alberta

People with an interest in bioinformatics with either a computer
science/engineering or life science background.  The workshop will give
an introduction to the methodology and algorithms that underlie
successful development and use of these tools.

Participants will also be able to take three continuing one-week
workshops on Genomics (Vancouver, January 2000), Proteomics (Toronto,
May 2000) and Developing the Tools (Montreal, July 2000).

For more information and to apply, please visit our website at:

regards to all,

| B.F. Francis Ouellette                     tel: (604) 875-3815 |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility     fax: (604) 875-3800 |
| Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, UBC, Canada    |
| francis at            |