scientific sofware development

Andrew Dalke dalke at bioreason.com
Thu Mar 25 18:39:39 EST 1999

> Does anyone know of news groups, mailing lists, Web sites,
> organisations or individuals with opinions on or interest in:
> [science AND software engineering]

The Computational Chemistry List <ccl.osc.edu/chemistry.html>
is not about that per se, but mention of that combination of
topics does come up.  You may want to ask on that list if
anyone there knows of a more specific list.

I would be interested in learning about such a more focused
list.  The closest I've found were more project oriented, of
which the bioperl list (bio.perl.org) perhaps comes closest,
but it isn't really in line with what you seek.

I doubt you will find such a list.  The problem seems to be
that the different science fields are quite diverse making
networking pretty difficult, and the number of people doing
similar research and with strong interests in software engineering
is even smaller.

						Andrew
						dalke at bioreason.com