Finding maximally divergent segments

Olav Hungnes olav.hungnes at labmed.uio.no
Fri May 7 19:15:34 EST 1999

I'd guess that GCG's PlotSimilarity would give you an answer:

PlotSimilarity calculates the average similarity among all members of
a group of aligned sequences at each position in the alignment, using
a user-specified sliding window of comparison. The window of
comparison is moved along all sequences, one position at a time, and
the average similarity over the entire window is plotted at the middle
position of the window. The average similarity across the entire
alignment is plotted as a dotted line.

Olav