IBM's Blue Gene & Schrodinger's equation

squark at my-deja.com squark at my-deja.com
Wed Aug 30 22:48:02 EST 2000

In article <8ohp0l$ram$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  deodiaus at gnu.ai.mit.edu wrote:
> Do anyone know of any attempts to work on solving this problem using
> Schrodinger's equation? Yes, this seems like an impossible task,
> however, the equation also seems to describe the correct physics of
> the problem much more accurately, and holds the key to true results.

It would be difficult to use literally the Shrodinger equation, but a
Monte-Carlo path integral calculation may be applied, I think. This
would be a slightly eccentric approach from the point of view of
many-body theory, though (I guess).

Best regards, squark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.