Transcription Factor correlation with genes

William Nelson William.Nelson at karobio.se
Thu Feb 10 10:10:56 EST 2000

Transcription factors, for the most part, determine the
expression levels of genes in different tissues. I want to begin looking
at
some of the correlations between transcription factors and genes with
respect to different types of human tissue (heart vs. brain vs. kidney
etc.).
My idea is to look at ESTs generated from different tissues and identify
those ESTs that correspond to known genes. Then I want to search
PubMed or some other database and determine whether or not a particular
gene is associated with a particular transcription factor. I would like
to make this strategy as automatic as possible because I don't want to
burn out my eyes staring at the computer screen 24 hours a day.
Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks

//William Nelson
Stockholm, Sweden