translating dbEST

Tania Broveak Hide taniab at egenetics.com
Mon Feb 21 10:29:40 EST 2000

If you are looking at human ESTs, there is a clustered and then
translated
dataset that has proven useful in several gene candidate studies found
on
the STACK database search site.  This database is produced by Win Hide
at
SANBI (South African National Bioinformatics Institute).

You can search this online.  Don't know if SANBI provides the file, but
certainly STACK itself is available free to academics and you could
translate the high-quality clusters, as he has done.

http://www.sanbi.ac.za/Dbases.html

is the page describing STACK and you can select "SEARCH" from the upper
menu
bar.

Tania Broveak

news:87vgv4$cc8$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk...