Bioinformatics texts

felipe wettstein felipe at spin.ch
Thu Jul 20 19:45:48 EST 2000

hello

> > > I am a molecular biologist and want to break into the field of
> > > computational biology from this side.  Can anyone please recommend good
i am just reading a very nice book about numerical taxonomy:
Modern Bacterial Taxonomy, Second edition 1993, Fergus Priest and Brian
Austin,
Departement of Biological Sciences, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh,
UK
ISBN = 412 46120 X, Published by Chapman & Hall, 2-6 Boundary Row,
London SE1 8HN

the book is very easy written, explaining a lot of things about
phylogenetic trees. there are some formulas but few. and there are some
chapters about dna and rna alignement. i read already half of it and i
still want to read to the end.

ok, good evening
felipe