Image analysis of Confocal images

Piers Mahon psmm100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 10 14:00:10 EST 2000

I am about to try quantitative confocal ratio imaging on a Leica TCS
using CYAN and YELLOW fluorescent proteins with different sub-cellular
location signals.  I am expecting any positive results to be very subtle
images differences (i.e. not blue and yellow blobs in different parts of
the cell, but a cyan/yellow signal ratio that varies in sub-sections of
the same blob).

I am looking for suggestions and computational methods for statistical
tests that I can perform to see if ratio images with different signals
on the two reporters are more variable than images captured using the
same signal.

Many thanks in advance,

Piers Mahon