Workshop on Astrobiology at Alife7

Dimitris Stassinopoulos dstassinopoulos at
Wed May 10 14:00:27 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues:

We are organizing a workshop on Astrobiology at Alife7.
The primary objective of this workshop is to
highlight some of the new areas of research that have emerged
form the new NASA Astrobiology initiative. We hope to have the
final list of presentations from individuals working in some of these
emerging areas of astrobiology soon.  Since we also believe that there
is great potential for a more permanent interactions between
and the A-life community, and hope to foster such interaction through
this workshop, we solicit a small number of shorter
presentations of work that might benefit (or has already benefited)
both communities.

Please send an abstract of your proposed presentation to:

        stassi at

If your submission is accepted, be prepared to provide us with
a short, camera-ready copy of your presentation.

A more complete description of the workshop has already been posted in
the Alife7 web-pages:

If you would like to learn more about Astrobiology, please visit
the NASA web-sites on the subject:

For details about camera-ready copy, please see:

We are looking forward to receiving your contributions as well as your
feedback and suggestions.

>From the workshop organizers,

Michael H. New (mike at
Andrew Pohorille (pohorill at