computational biology resources

Catherine Letondal letondal at nefertiti.pasteur.fr
Wed Nov 29 14:42:42 EST 2000

_>I am a bigtime newbie in the fields of computational biology and
>bioinformatics.  I am a molecular biologist who woke up one day with an
>interesting idea on how to scan DNA sequence for trends and patterns.
>Having just completed my first Java course as well as my first DNA
>sequence analysis application, I am now ready to become further immersed
>(confused?) in this field.  If someone might have the time I would
>appreciate the following feedback:
>
>1) for a newbie, what are the absolute necessary journals to which to
>subscribe?
>
>2) what are some lists and group to which I should belong (besides this
>one?) to find updates on seminars and conferences.
>
>3) if there is anyone who has any info on groups in my geographical area
>- San Francisco - that would be very helpful as well.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan Harkness

_
You may find informations in the BioNetbook_:
http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/BNB/bnb-en.html

- Biology = [bio-computing]
http://www.pasteur.fr/cgi-bin/biology/bnb_s.pl?bool=et&english=1&bio=bio-computing

- journals and publications related to bio-computing:
Resource = [bibliography] AND Biology = [bio-computing]
http://www.pasteur.fr/cgi-bin/biology/bnb_s.pl?bool=et&english=1&rsc=bibliography&bio=bio-computing

- seminars, conferences:
Resource = [forums, meetings] AND Biology = [bio-computing]
http://www.pasteur.fr/cgi-bin/biology/bnb_s.pl?bool=et&english=1&rsc=forums,+meetings&bio=bio-computing

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center