Python module for DNA to amino acid and reverse complement translation.

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:29:42 EST 2000

> Hi.  Here is a python wrapper around some simple C functions that
> translate DNA sequences into amino acid residues and give their reverse
> complements.  I guess it's something like 10 times faster than the pure
> python versions, but I haven't done any benchmarking.

I'm sorry to report that I noticed an error in this that caused a
spurious extra amino residue to be added to the return value of
_sequence.translate when it was passed a DNA sequence whose length was
not a multiple of three.

There is a revised version of the code at

http://puffin.lcs.mit.edu:8080/sequences.tgz

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.