Could you tell about REPuter?

Hirobe Takashi t-hirobe at col.hi-ho.ne.jp
Fri Dec 14 20:25:19 EST 2001

I am a student who study genome repeat structure in university in Japan.
I found software called REPuter, it finds repeat sequences from whole
genome.
I know RepeatMasker.but RepeatMasker uses repeat database,Repbase.
I tryed to know that REPuter can find all seaquences in Repbase.
But REPuter online is restricted to 100000bases, This is not enough for
whole genome.
I couldn't compare how good they are. And I couldn't get permission from
university to get free available
REPter software.So I can't use official REPter software.

I want to know that REPter can find all sequences in Repbase or not.
If you have knowledge of this thing ,could you teach me?