Can a binary geometric representation simmulate how the cells divide and organize?

Philip Lijnzaad lijnzaad at
Tue Oct 30 21:10:12 EST 2001

> [I] think I have stumbled across something that might be of interest. It's
> a simple symmetrical geometrical binary model that can do arithmetic,

a very brief look made me think that your boolean model is fairly similar to
a data structure called quadtree (2D) or octree (3D), which is used in
computer graphics and spatial reasoning. You may want to look up Google or
data structure textbooks on this. I may well have missed things; my look was
very cursory. (Very nice pictures, btw!) Good luck,

The mail transport agent is not liable for any coffee stains in this message
Philip Lijnzaad, lijnzaad at European Bioinformatics Institute,rm A2-08
+44 (0)1223 49 4639                 Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton
+44 (0)1223 49 4468 (fax)           Cambridgeshire CB10 1SD,  GREAT BRITAIN