jalview on Linux

Daniel John Rigden daniel at cenargen.embrapa.br
Sat Sep 1 14:21:46 EST 2001

Hi

I need to get a good multiple alignment editor working on my Linux
machine.  I like Jalview but, as a novice, get tangled in the java
installation.

Has anyone had success with Jalview on Linux?  What's the secret?!  Or, is
there a good alternative out there?  Seaview seems to be the best of the
rest but lacks a lot of Jalview's features.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

|                       Dr Daniel John Rigden                             |
| CENARGEN/EMBRAPA                 | e-mail: daniel at cenargen.embrapa.br   |
| Parque Estacao Biologica         | http://www.cenargen.embrapa.br       |
| PqEB - Final - Av. W3 Norte      |  Phone:  +55 (61)448-4741            |
| 70770-900, Brasilia-D.F.-BRAZIL  |  Fax:    +55 (61)340-3658            |