Rasmol in c++

Tim Cutts timc at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 08:11:48 EST 2002

In article <87k7ucd14e.fsf at mathdogs.com>,
Mike Coleman  <mkc+dated+1012435144.b96cdc at mathdogs.com> wrote:
>Tim Cutts <timc at chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>> I thought Rasmol was indeed written in C.  If that's the case, you won't
>> find any C++ code for it anywhere.  Being pedantic of cours, if it's
>> valid ANSI C, it will compile on a C++ compiler, and so could be said to
>> be C++ source.  :-)
>
>Actually, this isn't strictly correct.  This page goes into some detail
>
>        http://david.tribble.com/text/cdiffs.htm

That's an interesting and very useful document.  Thanks for the link!
One thing it makes clear, which is worth noting, is that a lot of
current C code is going to become invalid C anyway, when and if C99 is
widely adopted.  Many people, more knowledgeable than I, that I have
spoken to seemed to have a rather low opinion of C99...  I don't know
enough about it to comment.

Tim.