databases and simplex method/Dynamic Programming for Human Genome Project

deodiaus deodiaus at my-deja.com
Fri Mar 29 21:15:40 EST 2002

Is anyone (in the commercial world) using a database to store
intermediate calculations for the simplex method or the solution of
Dynamic Programming algorithms?  Is this a cost effective method?  Are
there any good examples/papers for applications where this is a good
choice?
Is there any open source for investigation which illustrates this.
The idea I was thinking of is to towards computational protein
folding?  The problem is in the accuracy of the results, not just in
the volume of data being generated.  I would think that there an
interest, but unless it works well, no one would be willing to pay for
this sort of approach?
That, and the devil is in the details to make it work out.