Final Call for Papers: ICONIP'02-SEAL'02-FSK'02

joe at genetics.washington.edu joe at genetics.washington.edu
Sat May 25 11:40:15 EST 2002

In article <200205220200.MAA10369 at spock.bf.rmit.edu.au>,
 <hepu at spock.bf.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
>   [Apologies if you receive this announcement more than once.]
>    9th International Conference on Neural Information Processing
>                         (ICONIP'02)
>    4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Simulated Evolution And Learning
>                          (SEAL'02)
>   International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery
>                          (FSKD'02)

Sorry to be off-topic, but they asked for it.  Today I got email, similar
to ones that I have gotten multiple times.  It started out:

> [Apologies if you receive this more than once]

removal address, but these are actual scientific societies.  However they
don't even give a removal address!)

One theory I have is that they are all publicizing their meetings through
one crass and insensistive company which is doing the spamming.

I wish they would stop, at least with the email distribution (modest numbers
of newsgroup postings would be OK).  Perhaps hepu at spock.bf.rmit.edu.au
could enlighten us, if that is a real person and not a robot.

----
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu
 Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington,
 Box 357730, Seattle, WA 98195-7730 USA