amino acid vs. nucleotide based phylogeny

Saco saco at
Tue Nov 5 19:08:31 EST 2002

Olga Belenkiy <olga.belenkiy at> wrote in message news:<3DC14931.7000005 at>...
> Hi everyone,
> I am looking for the material (books, papers) that review and discuss
> advantages and disadvantages of using protein or nucleic sequence data
> for phylogenetic reconstruction.

There is a chapter in [1] about phylogenetic analysis, which briefly
discusses pros and cons. It might contain further references. Check also

[1]A.D. Baxevanis and  B.F.F. Ouellette (eds.), "Bioinformatics: a
practical guide to the analysis of genes and proteins",
Wiley-Interscience, 2001.