Gene expression analysis

SerAln SerAln at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 18:41:21 EST 2002

Maybe one of the most recent techniques for gene expresion analysis is the use
of DNA microarrays. There are a lot of pubished scientific paper about this
subject, but to learn a bit of how it works just make a google search:
"microarry technology".
There is some good information in the affymetrix and nanogen companies web
pages, maybe it could be interesting to take a look.
Another recent method is quantitative PCR over cDNA samples. Same as before,
just search for it in google.
Once you understand the techniques, you could get a more specific information in
scientific papers:

http://www4.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi

or more specific google searches. I've just tried "DNA microarray analysis
software" and I've got some nice links..

Sergio